Product reviews: Guitar Hero Wireless "Les Paul" controller

According to The Today Show, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is one of the most sought-after Christmas gifts this year. After nabbing a copy for myself, I picked up a wireless Les Paul controller.
The Les Paul guitar(http://www.gibsondoubleneck.com/guitar-manufacturers/) is a nice looking guitar and they translated into a very nice looking controller. The faceplate that came with mine is black with a white pinstripe outline the outside. The frets on the neck are smaller and rounded, but they feel much nicer. The buttons themselves are black with the corresponding colors on the edges and sides. Mine also came with 2 sheets of stickers I could place on my guitar, including stickers for my fret buttons. I thought that was a nice touch. Overall, no complaints there.
The features of this controller are what most excites me. First off, the neck is removable for easy storage and for specialty necks. I have my fingers crossed for a double neck guitar. Also, the faceplate is removable
which allows you to get other faceplates and further customize your controller, making it uniquely yours. There's also two places to attach the strap to the top of the controller now, so you can choose what's comfortable for you. Now for the feel of the controller. I immediately noticed the fret buttons were very smooth and the line protruding out of the yellow button was toned down to spare your ring finger. The buttons were nice and smooth allowing for greater speed and comfort. The guitar itself is pretty light so it's not uncomfortable to play standing up or for long periods of time. Another nice change is the relocation of the Xbox button. The whammy bar is longer than the wired controllers but still felt nice and gave me no trouble. Overall, the controller looks great, has amazing features and feels just right. I would recommend this to any Guitar Hero gamer and it would make a great Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment